Ma Koreh Anashim!

From the far east to the middle, from Mount Fuji to our own "Hill of Spring", Avy is back by popular demand, as some of you jokers somehow got the impression that i'm here to amuse you. Well I'm still jobless! D'you think that's funny?

And until such time as some poor soul reluctantly agrees to employ me, I'm on unemployment benefit and on the loose in Tel-Aviv, seeking out creative and interesting alternatives to doing absolutely bugger-all, not including, of course, presenting myself at the unemployment office every Thursday morning; well it's a reason to get out of bed I suppose.

So for the purposes of providing you with some light entertainment my dear, loyal followers, in the coming weeks - maybe even months, who knows - I'm gonna try and milk Tel-Aviv for all it's worth at as little cost as is humanly possible. What? Did you think I'm a Frier or something?
It's gonna be Achla-Sababa and Haval al ha zman!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The End of the Line

The old Jaffa train station, once a bustling terminal at the end of the Jaffa-Jerusalem railway line, was left to sink into disrepair for many years. Over the past couple of years, however, the Tel-Aviv municipality has decided to give it a new lease of life with a complete make-over of the deteriorating station complex. Well, they've done a magnificent job.

Then & Now:
If by any chance you're thinking of catching a train to Jersulem, you'll end up going nowhere fast, though, frankly this isn't the kind of train station you'll want to leave in a hurry with its souvenir shop, restaurants, cafes and quaint boutiques to keep you occupied; a market area is also under development.

To be honest this isn't the kind of place to come when you're unemployed and don't have any disposible income, even though the area itself is lovely for a little stroll; it's much more appropriate for a romantic date. My saving grace was a newly opened branch of Vaniglia. I didn't need any company or much money for a scoop of Red Grapefruit and Campari sorbet to quench my thirst in the heat of the day.

All I can say is, it's good to know that my Arnona payments are being made good use of.

No comments:

Post a Comment