Ma Koreh Anashim!

From the far east to the middle, from Mount Fuji to our own "Hill of Spring", Avy is back by popular demand, as some of you jokers somehow got the impression that i'm here to amuse you. Well I'm still jobless! D'you think that's funny?

And until such time as some poor soul reluctantly agrees to employ me, I'm on unemployment benefit and on the loose in Tel-Aviv, seeking out creative and interesting alternatives to doing absolutely bugger-all, not including, of course, presenting myself at the unemployment office every Thursday morning; well it's a reason to get out of bed I suppose.

So for the purposes of providing you with some light entertainment my dear, loyal followers, in the coming weeks - maybe even months, who knows - I'm gonna try and milk Tel-Aviv for all it's worth at as little cost as is humanly possible. What? Did you think I'm a Frier or something?
It's gonna be Achla-Sababa and Haval al ha zman!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Still on Benefit

My friends.

After a brief blogging interlude for employment related activities, I remain on benefit. Apparently going through a five stage interview process with good references (thanks Shirley) doesn't necessarily land you a job. I seem to be the only one I know that manages to pull off such tricks; it isn't the first time it's happened to me.

Anyway, the outcome being that I retain my original status and can return to my more relaxed, less profitable way of existance until such time as a further opportunity pops up. Luckily I still have a few items left on my list of things to do while unemployed in Tel-Aviv; maybe that's why I didn't get the job; the timing just isn't right. "A time to work and a time to rest"! Isn't that what's written in Ecclesiasties or did I just make that up?

Anyway, as usual I'll be pleased to share with you any shananigans that I get up to during my extended sabbatical.

Yours Faithfully,
Avy (still) on benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment