Ma Koreh Anashim!

From the far east to the middle, from Mount Fuji to our own "Hill of Spring", Avy is back by popular demand, as some of you jokers somehow got the impression that i'm here to amuse you. Well I'm still jobless! D'you think that's funny?

And until such time as some poor soul reluctantly agrees to employ me, I'm on unemployment benefit and on the loose in Tel-Aviv, seeking out creative and interesting alternatives to doing absolutely bugger-all, not including, of course, presenting myself at the unemployment office every Thursday morning; well it's a reason to get out of bed I suppose.

So for the purposes of providing you with some light entertainment my dear, loyal followers, in the coming weeks - maybe even months, who knows - I'm gonna try and milk Tel-Aviv for all it's worth at as little cost as is humanly possible. What? Did you think I'm a Frier or something?
It's gonna be Achla-Sababa and Haval al ha zman!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Living Legend

Last week my gran turned 94! If you just consider that for a moment, it's quite extraordinary. Born during the first world war, you can say that the old girl has lived through a few things, and today, still with a pretty clear mind she can comfortably maintain a conversation with me in broken hebrew. Buying a gift for a 94 year old is limited, since, obviously the senses are not as acute as they once were, so I opted for a bunch of roses so that gran can at least smell their fragrance if not see them very well. My rendition of the birthday cards from my mum and my sister written in Rumanian just made her chuckle, but it was good enough for her to understand and to correct my pronunciation.

All that's left to say is happy birthday Safta.
Mazal Tov!
Until 120!

No comments:

Post a Comment